Thursday, September 3, 2026

Horse Gram Kheer

A simple healthy kheer, protein rich, good  for hair, skin, above all filling. I had soaked some horse gram over night, as it cooks in 4-5 whistles in the pressure cooker. I cooled it, made paste, reserve some for soup and some for kheer to make my meal yesterday.

Ingredients and Preparations

horse gram washed and soaked as needed

jaggery to taste

water as needed to cook

milk as needed

cardamom pdr 1/4 tsp

Once the horse gram had cooled down, in a mixer jar I made a fine paste using some cooked water. I added the paste with some water and jaggery in a pot, mixed it well, let it remain for the jaggery to melt.

Then I cooked it on low flame stirring continuously, as this gram thickens fast, so one needs to keep a watch and stir well. 

Once the jaggery had melted and the gram was well cooked and boiling, I added the cardamom pdr , once slightly cooled, I added the milk. OR once cooled, you can mix milk as per taste along with the cooked gram in a micro safe mug and heat it.

As I wanted for a diet, I didn't add nuts and raisins. In case you want to serve others, then you can roast some nuts and raisins and sprinkle on top and serve.

It is simple, tasty and filling. 

 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com  for info on cancer and health related topics

https://GSiyers home remedies.blogspot.com   is the latest addition to my blogs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment