Monday, September 28, 2026

Apple-Beetroot Halwa

 Ingredients and Preparations

1 medium apple peel and chop into small pieces

1 very small beet, peeled and chopped into small pieces

 Had both in a micro safe bowl, add little water, added

jaggery about 4-5 tbsp

cinnamon pdr 1/4 tsp, mix well, micro for 2 minutes

remove , mix well, keep for another 2 minutes

mixed well, then as I was tired, didn't have the patience for it to cool slightly to grind in a mixer jar.

I mashed with a veg. masher as much as I'ld.  

Wanted small pieces in my mouth

ragi flour 6 tsp, added 1 tsp @ a time, mixed well before next addition

desiccated coconut 6 -7 tsp, adding 1 tsp and mixing well after each addition.

once everything was well mixed, microwave for 2 minutes

removed, mix well, micro again for 1 1/2 minutes

removed, added 1 tsp ghee, 1/2 tsp cardamom pdr, mixed well

micro for another minute, mix and decorated with cashew pieces.

I wanted a dessert, without any oil, healthy, as I've a sweet tooth, should be mildly sweet for me.

I really enjoyed my halwa, finished 1/3 of it after lunch ! 

 NOTE- you may add sugar, all purpose flour/ fine suji/ oats powdered as thickening agent, as I cooked the main ingredients with water and cinnamon pdr. You can cool and grind , then proceed adding thickening agent, desiccated coconut optional. You may add some almond flour, if you want it rich and serving for a party, choice is your. Just use what you've. 



https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com  for info on cancer and health related topics

https://GSiyers home remedies.blogspot.com   is the latest addition to my blogs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment