Saturday, July 27, 2024

Moong dal-onion parantha

I had soaked moong dal thinking  that I'm going to use it along with a leafy green- manathangali keerai. Having lived most of my life in the north, not used to n number of leafy greens you get in this southern State of India- Tamil Nadu. The keerai mentioned above is very good for ulcer and any other infection in the stomach. We do get its dried seeds too, which is dried in the sun with salt. You heat some ghee, add the seeds, roast it well, till it turns dark brown, it is eaten with hot rice, gives relief from mouth ulcers.

Now, as my maid told me this keerai will taste bitter if you cook with dal, you'ld only cook with onion and some chilies ! So, what to do with the soaked dal.  I got an idea, as that day, dinner was just moong dal and roti, I don't like the taste of the dal here, invariably take some dried  veges to eat with dal. Instead, I cut onion, ground dal with chilies, added salt and the whole wheat flour and made parantha. My neighbour's daughter has come as the lady was sick. She told me when I met her in the afternoon that she has made a gravy with jackfruit seeds and a vege, which she'll give it to me. I told her that I'll get the parantha for them.

Moong dal soaked was about 1 big serving spoon

onion 1 medium size finely chopped

green chilies 1 or to taste- made a paste with dal and chilies

added the bowl along with onion, ajwain, little hing, salt and whole wheat flour and made a dough. I made paranthas cooked with ghee and went and gave them just as they began their dinner. Got for me the gravy to eat with my parantha.

The daughter said she liked the parantha, the gravy was spicy for me, so I had it with some curd.

 

 

https://GSiyers home remedies.blogspot.com     is the latest addition to my blogs.

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips 
 
 https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment