Friday, August 16, 2024

Mango ladoo/ peda !

 


Having a sweet tooth, born in the state famous for the king of the fruits- Alphonso, also loving pedas, which is famous in Bombay, the city in which I was born and brought up, the love of mangoes and pedas, made me try the pedas this evening.

By the time, I finished it, I was too tired by standing, having problem with my hamstring, got excruciating pain, that I just couldn't move for a long time. So, just waited for it to set, kept the plate in the fridge, then just rolled it, didn't flatten or put a nut on top.

Anyway, I just loved it, the smell while making it itself, made my mouth water waiting for it to finish.

 

Ingredients

cut and mashed mangoes 1/2 cup maybe

milk pdr 2 small cups, mixed with 100 ml milk

sugar 1/2 cup

saffron pdr 1/2 tsp

ghee 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp for brushing on the plate

 

Method

I put the mangoes in a big kadai ( not non-stick), kept mashing the mangoes and when it was getting a little thicker, I added 2 tsp at a time the milk pdr which I had mixed with the milk and stirred it well, after adding all the milk pdr and stirring for about 5 minutes, I added the saffron pdr and sugar, mixed well, kept stirring on low flame, as when I kept the flame high, it started bubbling and splashing out, as the flame was low, I didn't stir continuously, but often, as I was doing another work.

Once it got thick, especially on the sides of the kadai were like barfi, hoping, it will set well, spread the mixture on the greased plate and went to wash the dishes, have tea. Then after about 2 hours, I thought that It will not set, so just rolled it and kept in the fridge to harden.

It was impossible to stop by eating just one peda, had 2, anyway, as I skipped dinner and ate fruits, I felt, it compensated for the calories., just satisfaction for myself !

 

 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations 
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement
https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com  for infor on cancer and health related topics
https://GSiyers home remedies.blogspot.com   is the latest addition to my blogs. I'm going to add posts there, do give me your valuable feed back on my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment