Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Mint chutney roti + Mint chutney recipe

Yesterday, I bought a big bunch mint leaves and a bunch of coriander leaves. The 

way, my mother used to make the mint chutney was in the typical South Indian way, in little hot oil, adding mustard seeds, then urad dal, red chilies, hing, then roasting mint leaves and grinding it with little tamarind at times adding some coriander leaves too with salt. 

During my short stint in USIS library, my friend had bought the mint chutney which I really loved the taste, as I always loved to taste and try different types of chutneys and love experimenting. 


INGREDIENTS FOR MINT CHUTNEY

clean and wash mint leaves

roughly half the quantity of coriander leaves cleaned and washed

in the mixer jar add 1/2 cup of onion roughly chopped, I added 2 cloves of garlic( optional), 1/2 tsp of ajwain/ carom seeds, green chilies to taste, salt o taste, lime juice for the chutney to retain the green colour. no adding water.

 

For roti

I made this chutney, now living alone, I thought why not make mint roti, so by adding water to the mixer jar to get maximum of chutney out, I poured it in a bowl, added another tsp of chutney, some salt, added whole wheat flour, as I had to search where is a new packet of flour, I added some chickpeas/ besan flour and kneaded the dough. 

I rolled roti, dusting some flour, heated my tawa, cooked my roti, as it got brown spots on it, added few drops of ghee and cooked it well on both sides. 

I took 2 small rotis, along with pirandai/ hath jod chutney to heal my painful fracture. I enjoyed my rotis with snake gourd dry vege and dal gravy with cucumber and coconut ground with spices, which we call as kootu( which is basically healthy as it has dal ( moong/ arhar dal) any vege and coconut ground with spices. I finished my lunch with a tablespoon of rice with curd and remaining veges and chutney. 

 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations 
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement
https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com  for info on cancer and health related topics
https://GSiyers home remedies.blogspot.com   is the latest addition to my blogs. I'm going to add posts there, do give me your valuable feed back on my blogs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment