Thursday, March 8, 2012

Coriander cutlets

dough ready for cutlet
cutlets ready to eat with sweet chutney
cutlets ready to fry coated with sesame seeds with wee bit of oil on them.
Coriander cutlets

Ingredients


fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 cup
besan   1 cup
rice flr 1 cup
salt & green chilies to taste or those who prefer may add chili pdr.
hing/asafetida 1/2 tsp
butter 1 tbsp
sesame seeds 3-4 tbsp to coat
oil for shallow frying
garam masala 1/2 tsp
ginger paste 1 tbsp

Method
finely chop coriander leaves, green chilies & those who love garlic like me may add a few pearls finely chopped.
In a bowl add the flours, salt, hing, chili pdr. butter mix well, then add chopped veges, mix well, add water to make a stiff dough. ( like in the 1st pic.)
take small portion of the dough flatten it, roll on sesame seeds to coat it well on both sides, as you can see in the last picture.
heat a non-stick tawa, smear wee bit oil, place the ready cutlets, put few drops oil on top & fry till done well on both sides on medium flame.
 One can make 9 cutlets of the size shown in the picture 2.

This is a healthy snacks, as it has just 1 11/2 tsp oil for each cutlet. Fresh coriander leaves are very healthy, full of Vitamin C, so too green chilies, hence I prefer to use chilies than chili pdr.

As much as I loved making it, I enjoyed eating it. this was my snacks today, hence no dinner. being a real foodie love trying simple, healthy food, as I hate eating the same stuff.
It is sad that I made another cutlet, took picture, but forgot how I made it, as my net wasn't working properly for 2 weeks !

No comments:

Post a Comment