Wednesday, September 14, 2016

HEALTHY MULTI-MILLET, EGG-LESS CAKE

INGREDIENTS
bananas 2 big smashed
ghee/ butter 1 tbsp + grease the pan
milk roughly 1 glass or about 200 ml
palm sugar is what I used about 100 gm, more if you want
multi-millet flour roughly 1 1/2 cups
cocoa pdr. 2 tsp
baking pdr. 1 level tsp
baking soda 1/3  tsp
vanilla essence 1/2 tsp

METHOD
mash the banana with ghee, palm sugar well, add milk
mix the dry ingredients well, add little by little to the wet mixture, mixing well, your batter should be slightly thinner than the normal cake batter if you wish to bake in the normal microwave oven, as that is what I bake in these days, as it takes roughly between 8-10 minutes , but I keep for 8 minutes, then check in the centre, if still wet, then keep for another 2 minutes  or till done. Let it remain in the microwave for 2 minutes, before you remove to cut, as when it rests for 2 minutes, it gets baked more.
ps- those who don't have palm sugar, may use normal sugar or brown sugar. In case you don't have multi-millet flour, you can use all purpose flour and whole wheat flour mixed too, to make it healthy. Those who eat eggs, can use 3 eggs instead of banana. Then while you use eggs, leave out the baking soda.
It is a very soft, healthy cake. My guests to whom I served yesterday were surprised, as their son normally doesn't eat cake ,but he loved this cake ! The picture below shows what was left after serving my guests ! Happy that they all liked this healthy version, as all are calorie conscious now !

those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me

http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-

http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment