Saturday, August 31, 2013

EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE

INGREDIENTS

all-purpose flour    2 cups
granulated sugar    1 cup
baking pdr.   11/2  tsp
unsweetened cocoa    1/4 cup
fresh yoghurt    1/2- 3/4 cup 
milk    1/2- 3/4 cup 
vanilla essence  1 tsp

METHOD

Preheat the oven to 180 deg. C. Grease a  baking dish  and flour lightly.  
 In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, cocoa, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup yoghurt and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; blend with an electric beater on medium speed until well combined.  
Check if the batter falls down slowly from the spoon, when you count till 5. if it falls down quickly, then you need to add some flour, if too slow, then add some more milk & yoghurt.
 Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
 Let cool completely.  

ps- whenever I've used yoghurt/ buttermilk, I've found the cakes to be soft.
I don't like cakes to be too sweet, so those prefer it sweeter, may add more sugar. Also, I'm not fond of frosting/ icing on cakes, as it adds to more calories !



those interested in cancer & health related topics are free to see my blog-

http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/


for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me

http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-

http://knee replacement-stick club.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment