Monday, November 12, 2012

POTTUDADALAI(FRIED DAL) INSTANT SWEET

INGREDIENTS

pootukadalai ( fried dal that is normally used to make chutney)  2 cups

fresh cream 200 ml or 1 cup

powdered sugar to taste or you can use sugar substitute

ghee 1 tbsp if needed
 cardamom 4-5

METHOD

in the mixie , make a fine powder of the dal/ pottukadalai, along with cardamom & sugar.

then mix well with cream, if need be that you can't roll or flatten on a plate, then add little ghee.

I simply shaped it into small balls, if one desires, you may put a nut/ raisin on top. 

This can be spread on a plate, refrigerated, then cut into desired shapes also.

ps- this needs to be kept in the refrigerator only.
this tastes so good, when I made it last time, I remember that my student couldn't stop with 3, kept asking me & swallowing more !

This is what I made this year for Diwali, as we'll be away for 4 months, so didn't want to make anything else.

BEST WISHES TO ALL FOR A VERY HAPPY DIWALI.

No comments:

Post a Comment