Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Flaked rice / Avil Barfi


INGREDIENTS
thick avil/ poha   3 tbsp
milk about 400 ml
1 tsp ghee
cardamom pdr. 1/2 tsp
sugar to taste ( I may have added about 4 tbsp)

METHOD
wash, soak poha with just enough water to soak it, so you don't have to squeeze out excess water
I cooked the entire process in the microwave, as I was simultaneously making raw banana vege in the gas.
add ghee to avil, mix well, micro high for 2 minutes, stir and micro high again for another 2 minutes, this can be cooked over gas too, then keep stirring till you get a nice aroma
then I added half the quantity of milk, cooked for 4 minutes, but stirring after 2 minutes
then added rest of the milk, cooked till thick, then added sugar and cardamom pdr., mix, cook for 6 minutes, stirring well after every 2 minutes, Mine looks yellow, as I added cashew-nut based sweet, which we get to make kheer, I used 3 of that sliced it. But, it isn't needed. You may add nuts of your choice. Then I just let it remain in the microwave for a couple of more minutes, then I'ld cut into  pieces!
 Hubby also liked it.

Note- if you want you can divide into half, to one half add some strawberry or cherry crush or even cocoa powder and cook in the same way. This can be cooked in the gas too, but keep stirring from time to time till it gets thick. One can even add paneer or mawa crumbled if desired, then you may need more sugar. Mine was mildly sweet only. If cooking over gas, once it thickens, spread on a greased plate and let it set before you cut.

 those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-

http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me

http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-

http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment