Friday, August 12, 2016

FRUITY RAVA/ SEMOLINA KESARI / HALWA ( PUDDING)

INGREDIENTS

rava/ semolina/ suji  1/4 cup
ghee 2-3 tbsp
nuts and raisins 2 tbsp
milk 1/4 cup
water 1/4 cup + little more boiling water
sugar 1/3 cup
cardamom pdr. 1/2 tsp
pineapple ( if using fresh, then cook it with sugar in pressure cooker for 1 whistle) Or use tinned slices  1/4 cup  OR
you can use peach/ chikoo pealed and cut 1/4 cup mixed with 2-3 tbsp  sugar for 30 minutes

METHOD
heat 1 tsp ghee, fry the nuts till light golden, add raisins, fry and drain and remove the nuts and raisins
in the same pan heat another 2 tsp of ghee, fry the rava till light brown, add  roughly 1/4 cup water, mix well, stirring all the time, so no lumps are there, add milk, cook till thick, add sugar, cook till thick, then add whatever fruit you like, add cardamom pdr., another 1 tsp of ghee, mix and remove. stir in nuts and raisins, reserving few to decorate on top while serving.

ps- normally people use almost same quantity of ghee as rava, but I use always less, being little health conscious ! as then at least I can eat my dessert without feeling guilty !

 
those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me

http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-

http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment