Monday, April 15, 2024

9 tablespoon burfi in microwave

 INGREDIENTS

Rava / suji/ semolina1 1/2 tbsp

Ghee 1  tbsp, maybe 3/4 should be enough

besan 1/4  tbsp

sugar  2 tbsp

milk  2 tbsp

milk powder  3/4 tbsp

grated coconut   1 1/2 tbsp 

 

PREPARATIONS

 Just mix well all the ingredients in a microsafe bowl. 

Micro high for 2 minutes, stir well, repeat for another 4 times.

let it rest in the microwave for another minute.

remove, cut into desired shapes and store.

I wanted to add cardamom pdr/ essence, some nuts and raisins, but due to my hurry to finish and offer to the GODS, then go for my breakfast, as I was getting very late.

I actually came back from my breakfast, then only cut into squares. In case, you feel yours is slightly soft, you may keep in the fridge to harden for roughly 15-20 minutes. I didn't as it is hot and dry here, it was a soft barfi. My friends could make out only 1 ingredient and 1 asked if I had used almond pdr, another if there is some fruit/ essence. But they all loved the taste.

To be honest I didn't want to make cup measurements, as then I'ld end up eating more sweets. Here, I gave to many elders to take their blessings who are living near my house only and few friends at the dining hall.

Mainly, as yesterday was our Tamil New Year, wanted to offer some home made sweet to the GODS and get their blessings. My friends say that I make my own combos of ingredients and get something quite nice, by God's grace. Normally, I never measure the ingredients, actually used less, but just 2 heaped teaspoons of ghee was a lot, as ghee was floating, I removed the extra ghee, hence I mentioned add less ghee. Therefore I had to add some more rava, coconut, but no extra sugar, as I don't like my sweets to be over sweet.




NOTE- this can be made over gas too, but as I've a fracture in my right hand, I can't keep stirring due to pain, hence made it in microwave.

As I often forget to take photo to post, took out the photo after offering to the GODS, then forgot to take photos once I cut.


https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  

https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

https://GSiyers home remedies.blogspot.com     is the latest addition to my blogs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment