Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Carrot-dates barfi

 I wanted to actually use carrot to make carrot-avocado bread, but ended up making carrot barfi, as when I was grating carrot( only 250 gm), I wanted to make carrot halwa, then changed my mind to try and make carrot- dates barfi !

INGREDIENTS

carrots  250 gm grated finely

dates about 8-10 chopped fine

milk 250-300 ml

milk pdr  1/2 cup

sugar about 1/2 cup

ghee 4 tsp 

METHOD

I did in in microwave, you can easily do it in the gas also.

I added about a cup of milk to carrot, microwaved high for about 6 minutes, stirring after every 2 minutes.

Then I added another cup of milk, again micro high for about 4 minutes, then I added dates chopped fine.

I added another 1/2 cup milk, micro high for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.

As I changed my plan from carrot halwa to barfi, added milk pdr. and sugar mixed well, micro high for 6 minutes stirring after every 2 minutes, once it got thick, I added about 2 tsp of ghee, stirred well, micro high for another 4 minutes

mix well, if it is thick, add another tsp of ghee, micro high for 4-6 minutes, till it gets thick, stirring as usual after 2 minutes.

Once it was thick, I spread it on greased plate, allowed it to set for almost an hour ( I didn't see time, got busy doing something else), saw it was firm, cut into small squares.

Notes- you may add nuts too if you desire.

 sorry, the photo isn't very good.

labels- carrot-dates barfi, carrots, dates, dessert, barfi, milk, milk pdr, ghee, sugar, microwave. 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment