Friday, February 22, 2019

Potato-Cheese Pancakes

 potato mixture- sorry the photos aren't very clear
 getting shallow fried
ready to eat

Ingredients
potato 3 big peeled and grated
onion 1 big finely chopped
all purpose flour / maida 2 tbsp
besan / chickpea flour  1-2 tbsp
salt little less than what you'll normally put, as cheese has salt
cheese slices 2 broken into small pieces
cheese spread thick as needed or you may chop cheese cubes into small cubes 
chili pdr to taste
hing little
ajwain / carom seeds  1 tsp
oil for shallow frying

Method
peel and grate potatoes in water, so it doesn't turn brown and also as the excess carbs from it will be removed.
wash well and drain well the potato, you may spread in kitchen towel if the water hasn't completely drained .
add chopped onion, salt, chili pdr, broken cheese slices, mix well adding flours,
take a big ball amount of batter, (as mine wasn't thick, nor thin), I spread it in my hand and put some thick cheese spread, as I didn't have cheese cubes, then closed it well, in a hot frying pan, I added little oil and placed the pancakes in medium heat to cook well on both sides till brown, adding little oil, as I turned. 

Note- you can use little cornflour too in case you don't have besan or you may even use rice flour if you've to get it crisp if you like.

Hubby wanted this, after seeing the recipe, he has been asking me since some days. Decided to make for him today, as you know the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, even if he is old !

those interested in cancer & health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/

for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet designs.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stick club.blogspot.com
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment