Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Marie Biscuit Gulab Jamun

 Since festival season is around the corner, surely you wish to make some easy but yummy sweets, here is one for you. 

INGREDIENTS

Marie biscuits 10

desiccated coconut 4 heaped tbsp

baking soda 2 big pinch

milk 1/4 cup approximately

oil/ ghee for frying

sugar 200-250 gm

water 1/2 cup

make 1 string sugar syrup, keep it warm

METHOD

I first kept the sugar and water in a vessel on the gas on low flame stirring every now and then

While the syrup was getting done, I powdered biscuits and desiccated coconut to a very fine powder

In a vessel add the powder, baking soda 2 big pinch, mix well

add milk little at a time to make a soft dough.

In the time, syrup was ready, I kept it aside and kept the kadai with oil on high flame

Once the oil was getting hot, I lowered the flame and fried the balls 4 at a time till brown

drain and directly put in syrup, as the next lot gets brown, remove these soaked jamuns and transfer to another bowl and put the fried ones. This way, I completed frying my 16 jamuns.

At last , I poured the syrup over all. It was nicely puffed up and soft jamuns.

The powdered biscuit and coconut

Jamuns rolled, ready to fry

 Jamuns ready to eat after soaked in syrup

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment