Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Healthy Apple Halwa

 Normally when apple becomes little soft, husband doesn't like to eat them. Then, I end up making apple cobbler. But, today for a change tried apple halwa, from 2 apples, which sadly came only 1 small bowl full! So, it got over pretty soon .

INGREDIENTS

apple 2, peeled, cored and finely chopped

ghee/ clarified butter 1 tsp

nuts 1 tbsp

sugar/ gur 2 tbsp roughly ( it depends on the sweetness of the apple and how sweet you like your dessert)

cinnamon pdr. 1 pinch

oats- roasted and powdered 1 tbsp ( optional)

METHOD

some people prefer to peel apple and grate it or chop and run in your mixer jar till it is fine.

But, I always prefer to simplify my work, having fewer dishes to wash and the job done easily.

So, I washed, peeled, cut into pieces, removed the core, then finely chopped them.

Heat a tsp of ghee, add nuts, once it gets roasted, if you want, you may remove some to decorate. 

I added the apples, kept stirring them for 3-4 minutes, till the water evaporated and it became soft, so, I'ld mash it well.

I added gur / jaggery, as it is healthier than white sugar about 4 tsp. 

Then I felt that it may be too sweet, I had some roasted and powdered oats which I added about a tablespoon and kept stirring till dry. 

Adding oats gives more fiber.

  

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment