Tuesday, October 9, 2018

White small kidney beans ( safed lobia)-vegetable cutlet

INGREDIENTS
cooked white beans 1 cup
carrot small grated 2
onion 1 small chopped
ginger 1/2"
green chilies to taste
salt to taste
garlic powder 1/2 tsp
hing little
bread corners of 4-6 small slices
oil for shallow frying

 METHOD
actually, I had left over lobia chundal, I had about 1 cup
I washed and chopped the carrot, added to the mixer jar, blend, so it was like finely grated carrots
add onion, green chilies, ginger, blend remove in a big bowl
add cooked beans, blend, remove
add bread corners blend to crumbs
add all the blended items together in a big bowl, add salt to taste, since my lobia had salt, I added less salt needed for carrot, onion and crumbs.
Mix all together well, shape into rounds or whatever shape you like
heat a pan, add oil, place the shaped cutlets, drizzle little oil on top, I covered the pan and let it cook on low flame till brown on one side, I turned it and added little oil, covered and cooked till brown and crisp.  Serve it hot with ketchup or chutney of your choice.

NOTE- you may use any left-over chundal or boiled kidney beans or chana, or green moong or any dal also. You may even add some amchur pdr., garam masal pdr., coriander leaves and mint leaves finely chopped too. Snce I had bread corners lying around for some time, I wanted to use it, Instead of using flour, preferred to use breadcrumbs for binding.
I never like to waste food, always try to combine with something, so that it becomes a new dish and when served, it is relished. So,you may use whatever you've to make cutlets like this. Enjoy on a rainy day, along with hot tea.


For my other blogs, I'm giving the links below, feel free to view and comment too.
https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. for all cancer and health related topics
https://gscrochetdesignss.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple crochet designs
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacemen



No comments:

Post a Comment