Saturday, October 20, 2018

Healthy egg-less Carrot Cake

INGREDIENTS

1) bananas mashed roughly 1/2-3/4 cup ( I had 4 small bananas, which were over-ripe, real small bananas, may be equal to little more than 1 big green banana that you get in US and UK)

2) curd roughly 1/2 cup
3) milk  1/2 cup
4) sugar  3/4 cup or to taste
5) whole wheat flour roughly 2 cups or little less
6) baking pdr. 1 tsp
7) baking soda 1/2 tsp
8) all spice 1/4 tsp
9) cinnamon pdr. 1/2 tsp
10) salt wee bit
11) carrot grated  1/2 cup
12) ghee/ butter  1 tbsp
13) coconut oil  1 tbsp
14) cashew nuts finely chopped 2 tbsp

METHOD
first mash the bananas well with sugar, ghee and coconut oil

add milk and curd, beat well
add baking pdr. and baking soda, salt beat well
add flour little at a time, beat well, then add flour till the consistency is slightly thinner than the normal cake batter if you're going to bake in microwave, in case you're baking in normal oven like any other cake batter
add the spice powders and nuts, beat well
I wanted to share with lots of people, so I divided the batter in half, poured in 2 micro-safe glass containers and baked each one for 6 minutes in full power in normal microwave not convection one !
once it was done, after a minute, I opened the door to check, when it was done, I kept it aside to cool a bit, while I baked the 2nd one.
In case you're baking in an oven, bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg. C for about 25-30 minutes, but again, it depends on the size, power and so on, anyway, after 20 minutes, be alert to check.
It had come really soft and everyone I shared it with liked it.

I'm sorry folks, that I never measure my ingredients, just keep the ingredients next to me and keep adding as I like, but it should be closer to the measurements that I mentioned. Luckily, by God's grace I'm saved when I bake !
The last few pieces that are left now, as some more people are always wanting to eat the cake I bake !

For my other blogs, I'm giving the links below, feel free to view and comment too.
https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. for all cancer and health related topics
https://gseasyrecipes.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and healthy recipes
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacemen

No comments:

Post a Comment