Monday, July 24, 2017

SPICY SOYA-ONION PARANTHA

INGREDIENTS
soya chunks 1 cup ( I used the smaller round ones)
onion 1 big diced
green chilies 4-5 or as per taste
garlic pearls 2
salt to taste
whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cups approximately
oil 1 tsp
hing little
ghee for cooking

METHOD
soak soya granules in hot water for 10 minutes, drain, squeeze and keep aside
in the mixie jar, put garlic, green chili, onion, the soya and grind to a smooth paste
in a pan add oil, add the mixture, keep stirring on low flame for 4-5 minutes till the raw smell goes ( this can be done in the microwave too, when I didn't add any oil, just kept for 2 minutes, stirred, another 2 min., for totally 7-8 min. till the raw smell went and the mixture was little dry
cool the mixture,  add flour, salt to taste, knead to a dough, I didn't need any water at all, at last I added 1 tsp oil, kneaded and kept aside for 30 minutes.
Then take a big ball of dough, dust with flour, roll as roti, not too thin, cook on hot tawa as usual adding ghee or oil, till it is well cooked with brown spots on both sides. 
My husband & myself ate it plain without any chutney, as it was hot and spicy. I made this for his afternoon tea time snack, as being a diabetic, he feels hungry, as diabetic digests carbs quickly. So, this with soya and flour, will keep him going till dinner time, as we've to walk now ! 

ps- you may add some mint leaves of coriander leaves while grinding, as I didn't have it today, I used what I had. You may serve with mint-onion-tomato chutney, for which you see my next recipe.

 those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-

http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/

 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment