Monday, November 15, 2021

Sweet corn-foxnuts ( makhana) halwa / pudding !



 For the first time last night, I was taking out corn kernels from a boiled corn, as my dear hubby didn't want to eat the corn. 1/3rd of the kernels, I used to make corn pulao, which I shall be posting in the next post. Remaining 2/3 rd of the kernels, I stored in a small container, roughly 1 cup. Then in the night was thinking what dessert can I make with it, as there was no dessert at home except, sesame seed and peanut chikis. So, got a brainwave to use fox-nuts, which was lying in a container waiting to be used. This morning, after tea, roasted roughly a cup of fox-nuts and kept it to cool and went for my bath.

Now for the recipe, quite simple, just 4 ingredients, optional nuts in this. And a tbsp of ghee last.

INGREDIENTS

corn kernels boiled 1 cup

fox-nuts 1 cup, dry roast

milk 500 ml

sugar 7 tbsp or as per taste

nuts optional - as my baby( hubby) loves nuts, wants to see them full in all dishes, while I prefer to chop them and put

ghee 1 tbsp + for greasing a plate

METHOD

powder the cooled fox-nuts

add the corn and powder, as it gets thick, add some milk to grind them well. I added twice milk in small amounts to grind them

Pour the ground mixture in a heavy pan/ kadai, I washed the mixer jar with milk to remove the paste that was sticking to it and added it the pan.

I added sugar, stirred well, switched on the gas, in low flame kept it to boil, stirring every few minutes so that it doesn't get stuck.

as it got semi-thick, I added chopped nuts- cashew and almonds, kept cooking till the mixture was thick.

In the mean time, hearing the noise of the stirring and smelling the food, he came to see what was cooking, as I was saying my prayers, I gave him little to taste, he loved it

once it got almost done, I added 1 tsp of ghee, kept stirring till all the ghee was mixed, added another tsp of ghee, mixed well, kept stirring till the mixture left the sides of the pan.

I switched off the gas and kept stirring for almost a minute well, then transferred to a greased plate, spread it evenly, left it to set, went for lunch and came back after meeting my friends.

I could cut my halwa into pieces and my dear hubby wasn't happy with 2 pieces, kept asking for more, I gave him one more piece, then stored it in a tight container.

 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment