Wednesday, November 3, 2021

7 cup barfi

 I made this with a small twist yesterday. Instead of besan, I used atta/ wheat flour to make it, added some powdered cashews and almonds, to make it taste like almond barfi !

your measurements can be in cup or ladles, as I wanted to make a trial, I used small ladelful of ingredients.

INGREDIENTS

atta 1 cup

ghee 1 cup

grated fresh coconut 1 cup

milk 1 cup

sugar 3 cups

nuts I may have used roughly 1/4 cup, as I just put with my hand as much as I liked !


METHOD

in a heavy pan/ kadai, fry atta on low flame with ghee for about 3-4 minutes, as it starts bubbling

I put rest of the ingredients in my mixer jar to powder it all , not fine though, small pieces of nuts were there.

I put the ground mixture, kept stirring till it left the sides of the pan, as it was bubbling well

I poured it on a greased plate, allowed it to set and cut into pieces.

Sorry in my excitement to give to people, I forgot to take the photo.

To make it look like besan barfi, while frying atta, I added little turmeric powder, to get the yellow colour. I'm not in favour of adding artificial food colours, as they say they're carcinogenic.

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL, MAY THE FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS BRING LOADS OF CHEER TO ALL, TO KEEP THE GLOOM FROM THE PANDEMIC AWAY. BE HAPPY, KEEP SMILING.

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment