Monday, November 15, 2021

Sweet corn pulao


As mentioned in the previous post, I removed the kernels from the boiled corn, as hubby didn't want to eat the boiled corn yesterday.Last night, in the senior home where we're staying, last night dinner was wheat rava upma. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to the broken wheat's gluten, but can tolerate it in the wheat flour. I had got extra rice last afternoon. As hubby didn't eat any vege for lunch, I said I shall make pulao using onion, tomatoes, potato and corn. Now for the recipe

INGREDIENTS

corn kernels 1/2 cup I roughly chopped them

onion 1 big finely chopped

tomatoes 2 medium finely chopped

potato 1 medium finely chopped

salt and chili pdr to taste

oil 3-4 tsp

jeera/ cumin 1 tsp

turmeric pdr 1/2 tsp

hing little

ghee 1 tbsp

ginger-garlic paste  1 tsp

kitchen king masala 1 tsp

cooked rice as needed

METHOD

in a pan/ kadai, heat oil, add jeera, once it crackles, add hing, chopped onion and wee bit of salt

fry till the onions are light brown, add chopped tomatoes, keep frying till tomatoes are soft

as I was making it in my pressure pan, after frying tomatoes along with turmeric pdr, chili pdr and kitchen king masala for a minute, I added the finely chopped potato and corn chopped, added wee bit of water, salt, mixed well, covered the lid and put pressure, cooked for 1 whistle.

Once I could open the cooker, added the cooked rice, salt, mixed well along with ghee and we had out hot pulao along with some chips !

I really loved it, there was little left over, which I had for dinner today.


https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment