Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jack-fruit seeds & soy pudding !

The 1st picture is of soaked soya granules. 2nd picture is of ground soya granules & jack-fruit seeds. 3rd picture is the ready pudding & the 4th one is of the jack-fruit seeds.


Whenever, you've more seeds/ nuts while you buy jack-fruit to make vegetable or eat the fruit, from these seeds, some roast it & eat it, but I love to make a dessert. One way is to boil equal or double to quantity of washed moong dal or whole moong dal, cook & mash the seeds & add the gur/vellam/ jaggery to taste & keeps tirring on the gas till it turns dry, add some ghee last. To top it or decorate it with roasted nuts & raisins in some ghee.

But today, I made the pudding with some soya granules, soaked in water & squeezed it, add to the cooked seeds & ground it in the mixie. To this I added some left over rice & 1 roti, crumbled well ! Then to this mixture, I added some gur, say when the whole mixture was about 2 cups, I may have added about 1/2 cup gur/vellam, mixed it well & kept it in the microwave covered high for 2 minutes, stirred it well & kept for another 2 minutes. Then I added about 6 tsp of splenda, roasted some nuts & raisins in ghee & added to the mixture, mixed it well & microwaved for another 1 minute.

One this can be done in the gas too, but only thing, you need a thick pan & need to keep stirring, with more ghee. As for the sugar/ vellam/ splenda, one can add whatever you want according to your taste. To be frank, in none of my recipes, I ever measure, the amount, it is all just put like that, what I feel should be ok. Anyway, one can taste & always add more sugar/vellam ( gur) & so on.
As for adding rice & roti, it is only optional, as it was left over, I didn't want to waste it, so added it ! As I hate wasting food.

No comments:

Post a Comment