Monday, September 27, 2021

Besan-Khoya burfi

Ingredients

besan 1 cup

sweetened khoya 200 gm *

ghee 5-6 tbsp

milk 1 cup

desiccated coconut 2 tbsp ( optional) ^

sugar 1/2 cup or to taste

* I had store bought sweetened khoya, in case you don't have sweetened khoya use more sugar.

In one of earlier recipes, I had mentioned about how to make quick khoya with milk and milk powder.

^ I added desiccated coconut, as I felt it was too sweet, so, it can be omitted.

Method

in 2 tbsp ghee, fry besan on medium flame stirring continuously. I had used a heavy kadai ( not non-stick).

Once you get a nice aroma from besan and it turns light brown, I added the crumbled khoya and sugar and kept stirring, added desiccated coconut, once sugar had slightly melted, I tasted and felt the sugar was more, so added the coconut, so, it is absolutely optional, then to bring the mixture together added milk, kept stirring till it got thick, once it slightly started leaving the sides of the kadai, I added a tbsp of ghee, and kept stirring for 2 minutes, then another tbsp of ghee and kept stirring, once I felt it was done, I added a tsp of ghee, stirred for a minute and spread on a greased plate, sprinkled some slivered almonds on top, again optional and pressed it down. 

once it had cooled completely, I cut into slices and stored it. My critic- hubby liked it very much. So, felt happy. He asked why did I make it, said there was no sweet at home and as we stopped buying sweets from shop, make it whenever my health permits and I'm in a mood to make !
 

 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment