Thursday, September 16, 2021

Semolina- barfi



What will you do, if your milk has got spoiled? Make paneer /cottage cheese or thiratipal or Kalakhand.

This is my version of semolina/ rava kalakhand/ barfi.

INGREDIENTS

milk 750 ml

semolina 3 tbsp

sugar 3/4 cup roughly

nuts 1 tbsp

ghee 3 tbsp

jack fruit flour 1 heaped tbsp ( this flour supposed to reduce your sugar level spiking)

METHOD

either you can use milk that has curdled when heating, or curdle the milk !

but don't discard the whey, like they do in kalakhand.

In the kadai, the curdled milk with whey was boiling on lo flame for 5 minutes

I added semolina, stirring as I kept adding to prevent lumps forming

added the jack fruit flour, sprinkling little each time, till it all got incorporated

then added sugar, kept stirring, so that it doesn't get stuck at the bottom

as it got thickened, I added 1 tsp ghee each time and kept stirring

I repeated the process of adding ghee after every 2-3 minutes till it got well mixed

once I felt it was leaving the sides of the pan and getting thick, I added one more tsp of ghee

spread it on a greased plate and let it set for an hour or so, then I cut into pieces !

Hubby liked both barfis made today, as banana one came in a small plate only, it is almost over, 3 pieces only left. As no other sweets are  at home, I wanted to make something for hubby.

once it got all mixed together

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment