Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Green onion healthy adai

this is the thick batter, as this adai is made by spreading with your hand !
Ready to eat crispy adai
The batter and adai waiting to be eaten.

I had asked the gardener to plant some shallots. There were lots of leaves, so requested him to get me some leaves alone, this lazy guy, pulled out the plants, as the shallots had not grown full. As we stopped buying oily snacks from outside, as it doesn't suit both of us, asked hubby if I can make some fresh onion leaves adai. He said fine for our afternoon tea.

To make this healthy, I added jackfruit flour, as it is supposed to be good for diabetes, along with rice flour and rava / semolina. As I've ulcer right from esophagus to the stomach, I didn't out green chilies, as even if I add one green chili, it is so spicy that I can't eat, so added little pepper powder. You can add green chilies finely chopped or red chili pdr. too.

INGREDIENTS

there is no hard and fast rule here for the proportion. You can use only rava or only rice flour. But I added more of rice flour, about 3 heaped tsp of jackfruit flour, and rava about 2 heaped tbsp.

Rice flour

rava / semolina

jackfruit flour

pepper pdr / green chilies chopped to taste / red chili pdr.

salt to taste

spring onion green about 1/2 cup chopped

oil to cook.

water to mix to a thick batter


METHOD

put all the ingredients except oil, mix well to a thick dough.

heat a tawa, I used iron tawa, heavy one, smear little oil, once hot, take a handful of batter and spread quickly as thin as you can, you wet your hand to spread, make some holes on it after a minute, put little oil on each hole, after 2-3 minutes, turn once the side is brown. 

Spread little oil i the holes, cook till crisp, remove serve hot with milgai podi or any chutney of your choice. I ate it plain.

Tip- mixing jackfruit flour, helps to lower the blood sugar level, so I mix little to my roti atta, when I make stuffed paranthas or plain paranthas, also to our kanji with oats, multigrain atta mixed with jackfruit flour along with jaggery.

Wish all good health, peace and happiness. Take care, have your vaccines, wear masks, don't go to crowded places, maintain social distancing.

 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment