Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Suji jamun

In stead of baking a cake for hubby's birthday, wanted to surprise him by making something different. I read this somewhere, wanted to give it a try. It is simple, yummy.

Ingredients
suji 100 gm finely powder
milk 200 ml
sugar 100 gm
water  50 ml
ghee 1+ 1 tbsp
cardamom pdr. 1/2 tsp
kesar / saffron little
milk pdr. 2 tbsp

Method
heat 1 tbsp ghee, fry suji for 3-4 minutes on low flame stirring continuously.
remove from heat
heat milk adding saffron and cardamom pdr.
add warm milk little at a time to suji mixing well, then add rest of the milk, keep cooking on gas till it becomes a mass, remove, spread on a greased plate
while it is cooling slightly, heat sugar and water, let it boil, come to 1 string consistency, remove, keep warm
Once the dough can be handled, knead well adding 1 tbsp ghee and 2 tbsp milk powder to a smooth dough. Instead of tolling it and cutting into desired shape, I rolled into circle or heart shape, put some finely chopped nuts on top, pressed it down and fried in medium hot oil till golden, drain and dip in sugar syrup. Once it is soaked, you can remove in a dish, I took small balls , shaped it and fried, you may roll it and cut as you desire.
Since hubby loves nuts, decided to finely chop some cashew, almond and walnut, which I pressed on each one as I fried it. Hubby loved it. I can tell you it tastes as good as any gulab jamun one can make !

I took photo it is in y phone, don't know how to send it to my blog, sorry not very technically advanced. Sad, earlier was taking photo in my camera and I'ld load it to my laptop, but after the new version was loaded on the laptop, I'm not able to load the photo as something is missing there !


https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment