Sunday, August 30, 2020

Banana halwa

I had 2 quite ripe nethrampalam, so, decided to make halwa.I'm sure this can be made with other green banana also, as one such recipe was shown by a lady. But today, I made it the easier way.
Ingredients
banana 2 ( cut into pieces)
maida 1 cup
ragi + kanji pdr mix 5 tsp ( optional)
ghee roughly 6-7 tbsp
nuts as desired
vellam roughly 3/4 cup ( honestly none of the ing. were measured)
cardamom pdr/ any essence, I used essence
salt a pinch

Method
heat 1 tbsp ghee, fry banana, till it becomes soft and you can mash with the ladle. 
I did in non-stick pan, it took about 3-4 minutes on low flame. 
once it was well mashed, I added the nuts to roast as there was some ghee in the pan. 
Then I added maida, mixed well, added another 2 tbsp of ghee, then added ragi pdr, mixed well, kept stirring on low flame for about 5 minutes, it all came together as a mass.
added another tbsp ghee, then added vella podi, a pinch of salt,  kept stirring till it was all absorbed, roughly 4-5 minutes.
then added last 1 tsp ghee, added badam milk essence, mixed well, spread on a lightly greased plate, let it set for about 15 minutes, then I'ld cut it into pieces !
I'll ask my daughter / daughter-in-law to FW pic. from the Whatsapp to my email and see if I can post it here. Good luck, today is Onam, wish one and all a very happy Onam, with good health, peace and happiness.

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment