Saturday, May 11, 2019

Jack-fruit seeds+ Nuts+ Dal Halwa in Microwave

Ingredients
jack-fruit seeds 6
chana dal a handful
almond, cashew and walnut together a handful
jaggery 1/2 cup or to taste
suji/ semolina 1-2 tbsp
ghee 1 tsp

Method
wash the seeds, and dal, I added little water and microwaved on high power covered with a lid for total 8 minutes, but stirring after every 2 minutes
Then I added the nuts, but I removed the jack-fruit seed now to peel the skin, chopped into 1/2 and cooked for another 6 minutes, stirring after every 2 minutes. ( add more water if needed to cook)
I cooled it, then ground it in a mixer to a fine paste, with the cooked water, in case, the water is less, you may add little more water but not much, add the jaggery pieces while grinding.
I put the ground paste in a micro-safe vessel with a lid, cooked for 2 minutes, removed, mixed well, again another 2 minutes, as I found it was too sweet, I added about 2 tbsp roasted suji, mixed well, cooked for 4 minutes, but after every 2 minutes, remove and stir well. 
I added ghee, cooked for another minute.
Hubby also liked it. After keeping in the same vessel, realised it had become quite thick, in case, I had added more ghee and spread it on a greased plate, it would have come as a barfi !

It is a very healthy halwa, as hardly any fat, most fats are natural from nuts, which are again omega 3 and other good fats, protein rich from nuts and dal, jaggery gives you iron healthier than white sugar. 

Notes-
1) the quantity can be increased, as for the ingredients, there is no hard and fast rule. As earlier I used to make with jack-fruit seeds and moong dal with sugar, but no nuts
2) You can add sugar free instead of jaggery or can add molasses or brown sugar.
3) adding suji isn't compulsory, if you add you get more volume !

those interested in cancer & health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/

for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet designs.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stick club.blogspot.com
  


No comments:

Post a Comment