Saturday, October 14, 2017

Bottle gourd ( lauki)- carrot barfi


INGREDIENTS
carrot grated/ minced in mixie  1 cup
bottle gourd minced in mixie  1 cup
milk  1 cup
paneer ( cottage cheese) 200 gm
sugar  1 cup + if you like too sweet
cardamom pdr. 1tsp
maida  1 cup or slightly less
ghee 5 tbsp
water  1/4 cup

METHOD
To be frank, I find it difficult to grate veges, as my bones are weak, so I've an easy way out, peel, cut into small pieces and mince in mixie. Those who can grate, well can grate both carrot and lauki finely.
Heat  1 1/2 tsp ghee, fry lauki and carrot till dry on low flame for about 4-5 minutes
Then add maida, fry for another 3 minutes
add paneer crumbles well for 2-3 minutes
add milk, mix well and keep stirring till all milk is absorbed
then to be sure for maida to cook I added about 1/4 cup water and cooked till water is absorbed
then added sugar, cooked on low flame, stirring often, adding ghee  1 tsp after I found it a bit dry each time, so approximately would have added 5 tbsp ghee totally, cooked till it became a mass and left the sides of the kadai. I used normal kadai, not non-stick, added cardamom before removing, mixed well
then I spread it on a greased plate, leveled it and wanted to sprinkle some nuts on top, as I forgot to chop and keep it ready, didn't do it, but that can be done to give a festive look to your barfi for this Diwali I kept it for almost 2 hours to set, as I went for lunch, played cards and came back to cut !

NOTES- sorry ladies, I never actually measure, I go with my instinct measurement, by lady luck or God's grace, including cake comes out fine. So, there is never any hard and fast rule in my recipes. You can do the same by using only lauki or carrot only.
My best wishes to all for a very happy, healthy and peaceful Diwali, Let it be noise and pollution free Diwali too, praying for peace in the world.

those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet  Creations.blogspot.com
For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment