Thursday, October 26, 2017

FRUITTY-NUTTY BARFI

INGREDIENTS
 carrot 1 medium size blended in mixie
 oats powdered 1 cup
 cashew nut powdered 1/4 cup ( roughly 16)
 figs 8 soaked and pureed
 beetroot 2 small peeled and blended
 apple 1 peeled and pureed ( which is pink, as I blended it after beetroot !)
 brown one is figs pureed
 brown sugar  2/3 cup and normal white sugar 1/3 cup
ghee  6 tsp
milk  1 cup
water  1 cup
cornflour 8 heaped tsp

 set barfi, gave the 1st piece to my maid to taste, have to still cut the rest.

METHOD
in a heavy kadai, add carrot, beet, figs, apple 2 tsp ghee, fry well on medium flame stirring for 5 minutes, till the water evaporates.
Then I added powdered oats  1/2 cup water , mixed well and cooked for 3 minutes on low flame stirring continuously
I mixed cornflour with milk well, added that mixture to the kadai, along with another 1/2 cup water, kept stirring till thick
Added sugar, mixed well adding 2 tsp ghee
keep stirring from time to time, if you keep the flame real low, as I can't keep stirring continuously due to my weak bones, normally I prefer to cook in microwave
But, my last Diwali sweet( carrot' lauki barfi)  was also cooked on gas keeping the flame real low, so I need to stir every 2-3 minutes.
Once the barfi got thick I added powdered cashew, mixed well along with another 2 tsp of ghee, kept cooking for another 3-4 minutes
I switched off the gas, greased a big plate with ghee, kept stirring the mixture in the kadai, as it was still hot for 2 minutes
Then I spread it on the plate and allowed it to set, it took about 30 minutes to set, that is when I took the spoon to scoop out to give to my maid and found that i was well set !
Of course as soon as I spread it on the plate, gave my husband to taste, as usual, he always wants to know the main ingredients, told him, he liked it. He is my real critic, as once he says ok, then I can be assured that it has passed the test !

those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet  Creations.blogspot.com
For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment