Thursday, August 7, 2014

ONION-CARROT SOUP

INGREDIENTS

onion 2 big finely chopped
carrots  3 big finely chopped
butter  2 tbsp
salt and pepper pdr. to taste
water as needed
milk about 1- 1 1/2 glasses
cheese grated 4 tbsp
flour 2 tbsp ( I used wheat flour as I prefer it than all purpose flour, you can use what you prefer)

Method
in a big pan, heat butter, fry onion till transparent

add carrots, add enough water to cook the carrot, keep the pan covered

once the carrot is cooked, slowly sprinkle the flour little all around and stirring at the same time till you finish adding all the flour, then add 3 glasses of water and boiled it well

 then added milk
at this point, with a hand blender, I blended it slightly, as I like to feel the veges when I eat, so, the carrots  looked as if they're grated ( add more water / milk to get the consistency you like)

then I added the seasonings, once it came to a boil, simmered for 3 minutes, added cheese

serve hot with toasted garlic/ plain bread

This was our dinner 2 days back, as we had a big bowl of soup each with 2 slices of garlic toasted, it was really filling

sorry that I forgot to click the pics, realized my mistake after I finished my soup ! my hubby and daughter also liked the soup a lot.

those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-

http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/


for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me

http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-

http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment