Saturday, October 23, 2010

Crochet- wrist warmer, warm earband

This is a wrist warmer with a slit at 2" from the top, so that one can put the thumb through it. It is a free size, made in single crochet, each row having single crochet only at the back loop, so it gives a rib look like in knitting, this makes it expand.It is 8" long.In the picture, you can see the slit on top. This can be made in one color or like double color like what I've done, or in whatever color one chooses. With his as the fingers are out, one can work easily.

This ear band is 3" broad & 7 1/2" long. In this too, I've made ribbing with single crochet on the back loop of each stitch, so that it can stretch well.I've made this with 4 rows of black & 2 rows of white. Then in the end, as I didn't cut thread after changing color, as I carried in next rows, so once the desired length was reached, I made single crochet along the full length on both sides, so it covers the wool that was carried over to next rows.This also gives a better look to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment