Sunday, July 10, 2022

Healthy Mango-date pudding / halwa



I cooked it fully in the microwave, as I was too tired to keep stirring it continuously. You're free to cook it over the gas, you can add more sugar as per your taste


INGREDIENTS

besan / gram flour  1 cup

mango chopped    1 cup

dates  chopped 1 heaped tbsp

cashew nuts chopped 1 tbsp

ghee 2 tbsp

sugar 1 tbsp

 Milk 1/2- 3/4 cup

METHOD

In a microwave safe dish I added besan, ghee mixed well, micro wave on high power for 2 minutes, remove stir well. 

Again micro high for 2 minutes, remove stir well, repeat the process for 2 more minutes.

Then I added milk, stirring well, micro for 2 minutes, remove and mix well,  repeat once more for 2 minutes.

Then I added nuts, mango and dates, mixed well, then micro high for 2 minutes, remove and mix, keep repeating for 3-4 times, check for sweetness, add more sugar as per your taste.

Mix well and micro high for 2 minutes, remove and stir well, keep repeating till the mixture is thick.

Can be served hot / cold.

I wanted it to be with natural sugar, as then I can give to my hubby who is a diabetic with sweet tooth. Hardly added 1/2 tbsp of sugar, our daughter said, " amma it is hardly sweet", but I like it that way, as I prefer my dessert with less sweet.
 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment