Thursday, December 30, 2021

Mango halwa


 Summer is the time for the king of fruits to come to the market. But due to global warming or effect of pandemic, GOK, mango, the king of fruits was available in the month of December. As our son's family had come from UK, thought that I'ld buy some for them to enjoy the juicy fruits. Luckily, I had bought 2 varieties. The bigger one thinking that it will ripen when they arrive and a smaller variety. Sadly, the bigger one didn't ripe full, but started to get slightly black on the top, I had to cut them and store. They enjoyed eating the smaller variety, which was sweet they said.

As I had made fried modaks, and apple cobbler, I didn't have the strength to make mango halwa, as I also made carrot halwa, which is also my son's favourite. 2 days after they left back to UK, I pureed the mango along with sugar in the mixer jar, about 1 big cup of puree, I put in the heavy pan along with roughly with flour. Shall give the ingredients below-

INGREDIENTS

mango puree 1 big cup

sugar 1/2- 3/4 cup depending on the sweetness of the mango and as per your taste

milk 300 ml

all purpose flour/ maida 1 heaped tbsp

jack-fruit flour 1 tbsp ( optional, I added as it is supposed to reduce the GI for diabetics)

ghee ( clarified butter) 11/2 tbsp

nuts 1 tbsp chopped

METHOD

in a heavy pan, I added the mango puree, maida, jack fruit flour, milk and about 1 tbsp of sugar, mixed well.

I kept it in very low flame after mixing it all well. Kept stirring in the beginning every 5 minutes, once it started to thicken, every 2-3 minutes, added the chopped nuts at the stage.

Once it was almost thick, added 1/2 the amount of ghee, mixed well, continue cooking, stirring well from the sides, or else the sides will get dry soon and then you'll get less halwa.

Spread it on the greased plate and went for lunch. Before I'ld return after playing games with my friends, hubby managed to finish one corner full, said it was very tasty !

So, it is for the 2022, with hope and prayers that the pandemic should leave this planet soon and everyone survives with good health, happiness and above all, we need peace on this planet now.

I added little ghee on the plate to grease it well, and the rest of the ghee I added and kept stirring till it was quite thick, spread on the plate, sorry couldn't spread properly, as I was called for some work.

Wishing All A Very, Very Happy, Healthy, Prosperous And Peaceful year ahead. May All Your Dreams come True.🙏😷😀

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement


No comments:

Post a Comment