Friday, June 14, 2019

Finger-millet-nutella halwa

Now everyone getting health conscious, I too prefer to use millets in my cooking. Finger-millet ( ragi) is a rich source of calcium and iron. I prefer to drink ragi kanji mixed with multigrain mix often, and I add oats to have more fibre in my kanji /porridge.
Nutella was getting dry, was wondering what to do with it, I added some milk and kept in the fridge. Then after being down with severe back pain, just forgot about it. Then this morning, since I had a really sound sleep after a long, long time and also had to get up earlier than hubby, as our microwave conked out suddenly last night, had to warm milk for his morning cuppa. Since the only way in which he has learnt to make coffee is in the microwave !

INGREDIENTS
nutella may be around 1 cup
finger millet+ multigrain mix 1 cup
sugar  1 cup or to taste
water about 1+ cup
ghee 1 tbsp
nuts to sprinkle on top

METHOD
I used a non-stick pan to add all the ingredients well, then cooked on low flame stirring from time to time, till it started getting thick, then continuously stirred till it left the sides of the pan, added ghee at that time and cooked for another 2 minutes, then spread it on a greased plate, sprinkled some nuts.

I thought I'ld be able to cut into pieces, as it had left the sides of the pan, but I had to roll it into small balls to serve. Those to whom I gave all liked it, except hubby, as he is very fussy, didn't like the taste of millets in it ! Well, next time decided to make it with maida or cornflour as then it will be to his taste !

ps- you can use any amount of nutella and use millet flour or all purpose flour or cornflour to make this.

those interested in cancer & health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/

for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet designs.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stick club.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment