Thursday, February 15, 2018

Carrot-Sago( sabudana) pudding

INGREDIENTS
carrot grated 1/2-3/4 cup
sago( sabudana) 2 tbsp
oats 4 tbsp
gur/molasses 3/4 cup
ghee 3-4 tbsp
sugar 2 tbsp
cornflour 3 tsp
water as needed

METHOD
as usual, I minced carrot in the mixie, byt shopping them small
roasted sago over low flame till light brown
removed sago and off the flame added oats, to get warm in the same pan
Once oats and sago got cooled, I powdered them along with minced carrot in the mixie
in a heavy pan ( you may use non-stick) I added 1 tbsp ghee, add the powdered ingredients, kept cooking them on low flame till I found the moisture from carrot had gone, roughly 7 minutes, stirring often
I added water about 1 cup, to cook the ingredients, cooked for 3-4 minutes on low flame stirring often
Then I added the gur, another 1/2 cup of water, mixed well and cooked till the gur had melted, then when I tasted it, felt it wasn't very sweet, so added about 2 tbsp sugar, you may use normal or brown sugar. 
I mixed cornflour with 1/4 cup of water, added the cornflour mixture , added another 1/4 cup of water to cook the mixture well, kept stirring often, once I found it getting thick, I added a tbsp of ghee, stirred, then again another tbsp after few more minutes.
When the mixture got thick and left the sides, I greased a big plate and spread it to set, within 30 minutes, it was set and I'ld cut into pieces. You may cut into shape as desired.If you feel like as soon as you spread on the plate, you can sprinkle some chopped nuts and press it down, before setting.

Hubby also liked it, as when I have him one small piece before cutting, he asked for one more, then again another piece ! Unless, it is up to his taste , he'll not take more than 1 piece ! Going to share with my friends after lunch, as I find all dishes spicy, the after effect of eating pineapple last week, got like blisters as reaction to it. I'ld have added sugar and warmed my pineapple, as then it doesn't happen.

This is healthy dessert, having less ghee, I added 3 tbsp maximum, got carrot, good for eyes, Vitamin A and also fibre, oats again full of fibre, gur as iron, ghee also has Vitamin D. 

For my other blogs, I'm giving the links below, feel free to view and comment too.  
https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. for all cancer and health related topics  
https://gseasyrecipes.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and healthy recipes
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacemen

No comments:

Post a Comment