Monday, October 25, 2021

Quick bread thirattipal / rabdi

 It was a long day for hubby and self. We thought that my appointment was fixed for 9, as I did twice yesterday to see a gastroenterologist. Sadly, it wasn't, nor was I told that I'm supposed to inform the counter where I pay that I've booked the appointment. Cooly was expecting to be called first, was shocked to know there were more than a dozen before me ! So, had to request the sister, to kindly call me earlier, she was kind to do so. We had left home by 8, thinking we'll be back home before lunch ! Wish that wishes do come true sometimes.

We returned home by 4, I was sure my milk that was delivered in the morning would have got spoiled. Indeed, it was, when I heated it. Once the milk separated into whey and cottage cheese/ paneer, I drained most of the whey and was wondering what to do, as the other day, when little milk had got spoiled, I added some cornflour and made like a pudding, which hubby asked if I added bread ! So, it came to my mind, why not add bread and see how it tastes, you can't imagine that normally to make a thick thiratipal like this, I'ld have to spend an hour at least, today, it was all done within 15 minutes I think.

Here's the recipe, which all my friends and relatives wanted, I shared in Whatsapp with them, there was request for recipe from many, as I first shared the photo and went to finish my cleaning work in the kitchen.

INGREDIENTS

milk 1 litre

bread slices 2 big crumbled well along with the edges

jaggery / molasses roughly 3/4 of the quantity of the bread and paneer mixture

ghee 1 tbsp

METHOD

my milk had spoiled, or but you can also try the same with fresh paneer that you've made at home or bought from the store. Crumble it well, add little milk if too dry.

Add the well crumbled bread pieces, add jaggery and mix well, as purposely I retained some whey when I drained it, as I felt it will be useful for the bread to absorb the whey and get mixed with jaggery.

In low flame, keep stirring well till it all comes together, at this point , I added ghee, to give the mixture a good shine and kept stirring till the ghee was well incorporated, then I transferred to a dish.

NOTE-

you can add sugar to taste, even the jaggery as per taste, as though I love sweets, it shouldn't be excessively sweet for me.

I added jaggery, as it is healthier than sugar, as it has iron and good for hubby whose hb level got low after his spinal surgery. When I make kanji also, I add jaggery in stead of sugar.



https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment