Sunday, March 17, 2019

One pot -Millets Chocolate Cake- Eggless ! Microwave

Yesterday, I was in a mood to bake a chocolate cake, actually wanted to bake a brownie, then changed my mind. I didn't want to use the all purpose four / maida, as being a cancer survivor, people keep saying avoid everything white- no white salt, have Himalayan pink salt, that is what I use and I also found that I need to use less salt than the normal white one. I stopped using white sugar, instead use brown or molasses / gur pdr. even in my tea now. In the same way, instead of maida, wanted my cake to be healthy, tried with finger millet ( ragi flour), which I use for making my kanji / porridge, mixed with nuts, lentils etc powdered. 

Ingredients
banana 1 small ( will be equal to 1/2 of normal green banana)
cooking oil 1 tbsp
brown sugar  4 tsp
molasses pdr.   4 tsp
vanilla essence  1/2 tsp
millet mix flour about 1 cup
milk about 4 tbsp or so
salt a pinch
baking pdr. 1/2 tsp
baking soda  1/4 tsp , mix well the last 2 with flour.
cocoa pdr.  2 heaped tsp

Method
mashed the banana well, added cooking oil over it, so that it won't turn brown. I first thought of baking in the morning, then as I changed my mind after mashing banana added oil .
Added brown sugar and gur pdr., mixed well with a spoon, I did this in the microwave safe small pan.
Then I added 1/2 of the millet flour, mixed well, then added little milk at a time, added rest of the flour, and added milk to get the right consistency, as when I bake in normal microwave, the batter has to be slightly thinner than what we need to bake in an oven.
added essence, mixed well, clean the sides of the pan.
Micro in high power for 3 minutes. It was ready.
I wanted to add some nuts and raisins or chocolate chips, then mind got diverted as I got a call. Just kept it in microwave.

Unexpected guests came, served them the cake with some nice hot spiced tea and some namkeens. They really liked the cake, as it was really soft, they're surprised that it was also egg-less.

Sorry as the guests came, I didn't have time to take photo of my cake. 

those interested in cancer & health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/

for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet designs.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stick club.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment