Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Apple-pear-oats pudding ( vegan- no milk, no fat)



INGREDIENTS
apple 1 peeled and finely chopped
pear  1 finely chopped
gur/ molasses  4-5 tsp
dates finely chopped 2 tbsp
oats roasted and powdered 1 1/2 tbsp ( optional, as I had I used it)
oats  2 tbsp
water 11/2 cups approximately

METHOD

in a microwave safe dish, add apple, pear cinnamon pdr. and 1 tsp. of gur pdr.  about 3 tbsp water, mix well, microwave on high power for 5-6 minutes, taking out and stirring well in between.
It should be soft enough to mash coarsely with a spoon
added oats, pdr. gur, water as needed, mixed well, micro on high for 2 minutes
removed, added chopped dates, mixed well, micro high for another 90 seconds
Your healthy fruit pudding is ready.

Note- you may add brown sugar if you don't have gur pdr./ molasses or normal white sugar or sugar substitute.
Now-a-days, I try to avoid as much as possible white sugar, all purpose flour, try to use whole wheat flour or millet flour, or where possible oats either as it is or roast and powdered to have healthy dessert. There is also no fat in this pudding. So, those who are vegan can also have it.
Having sweet tooth, I don't want to miss out on my dessert, but when I make, I prefer to eat healthy, as doctors keep saying lose weight ( which isn't easy, being cancer survivor, as they say avoid white flour, white sugar, now using brown sugar or gur pdr. even for my tea !)


those interested in cancer & health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/

for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet designs.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stick club.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment