Sunday, May 6, 2018

Multigrain egg-less carrot cake- microwave

Sorry forgot to take the photo before and after baking, as I was in a hurry as my friend was coming over. I cut the cake of the 1st batch quickly to give my hubby to taste, by the time I finished baking the 2nd one, my friend had come.

INGREDIENTS
carrot grated 1/2 cup
1 big / 3 small bananas mashed
brown sugar  2 tbsp
gur / molasses   1/2 cup approximately
salt a big pinch
buttermilk 1/2 cup
milk 1/4-1/2 cup
baking pdr. 1 tsp
baking soda  1/2 tsp
nuts and raisins as desired
coconut oil 2 tbsp
ghee/ butter to grease the baking dish
multigrain flour ( wheat flour, ragi and other millets) about 1 1/2 cups

METHOD
in a bowl, beat well mashed banana with sugar and gur
I added baking soda and baking pdr., mixed well
then added buttermilk, add 1/2 the quantity of flour along with salt, mix well
add rest of the flour, mix, add enough milk to get the pouring consistency
As I baked in normal microwave, the batter should be slightly thinner than when you bake in an oven
I baked in 2 micro-safe plates for 5 1/2 minutes each.Sor
It had come out very soft and gave it to my friend, who couldn't believe that it was made without eggs and butter !

As for using sugar, I prefer to bake it healthy, so I used brown sugar and gur/ molasses- you may use the quantities as per your taste. Or you may use normal white sugar.
If you don't have multi-grain, use only wheat flour, it should come out fine.

For my other blogs, I'm giving the links below, feel free to view and comment too.
https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. for all cancer and health related topics
https://gseasyrecipes.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and healthy recipes
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacemen

No comments:

Post a Comment