Monday, February 6, 2012

apple & pumpkin dessert in microwave

apple 4 chopped fine ( I did it with the skin)
pumpkin about 150 gm peeled & chopped fine
maida ( all purpose flr.) 2 tbsp
milk pdr. 2-3 tbsp
ghee/ clarified butter 1 tbsp
sugar 3-4 tbsp
nuts & raisins optional
nutmeg pdr 3/4 tsp

Method
In a micro safe dish, I added maida, kept it for 1 minute, stirred well & again for another min. micro high. Then I added say 1/2 a glass of water, mixed it well, micro high for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute,

Then I added the apple & pumpkin mixed well, micro high for 3 min., adding about 3/4 tsp of nutmeg pdr.

Then I mixed it well, added the sugar, mixed, micro high for 3 minutes, smashing the fruits well. After checking, if the fruits were cooked or not, I micro high, as they're still not soft for another 3 minutes. Then I added the milk pdr., mixed well, cooked for another 3 minutes.
Finally added the ghee, mixed well, micro high for 2 minutes, checked if it was done, by wetting my hands, when you touch the mixture, it shouldn't stick to ur hand. Then I kept for another 1 minute, & let it remain in the microwave for 5 minutes, took it out, cooled it a bit, rolled small balls, but didn't add any nuts or raisins.
It was ready to eat.

ps- sorry can't load the picture as my connector is back at home, as I'm on a holiday.

I really loved this dessert, you can make with chikoo, only apple, banana etc. I'm sure that you all are quite imaginative & can try any combo that you desire.
To be very frank, when I cook, I never exactly measure anything, just add what I feel like, even while I bake a cake, I just have the packet of maida, sugar, butter, essence & keep adding what I feel is fine, luckily so far it has come out well !

No comments:

Post a Comment