Sunday, September 1, 2019

Papapya pudding

I thought that the papaya was ripe and ready to eat, but once I cut, I realised that it wasn't fully ripe. I never like to waste any food, as millions die of hunger in the world. So, came up with the idea of turning it into a pudding, Voila ! everyone liked it, but couldn't guess, it was papaya in it !

Ingredients
papaya medium size, peel and cut into small pieces *
semolina / rava / suji 1/2 cup or more
molasses / gur about 1 cup or to taste*
water  1 cup *
milk   2 cups
nuts and raisins as desired
ghee 2 tbsp
chocolate essence  1/2 tsp
cardamom pdr. 1 tsp

Method
* papaya need not be cut very small, as anyway once you cook, you can mash it well
* I used gur, you may use normal white/ brown sugar, as using gur is more healthy, as it gives iron, being unrefined like white sugar, it is definitely healthy.
* instead of using water, if I had cooked fully in milk, it would have tasted better.
I added papaya pieces, rava water in a micro-safe bowl, micro high for 3 minutes
remove, mix well, micro high adding milk  1 cup for 3 minutes
remove stir well, add rest of the milk, micro high for 3 minutes
once milk is absorbed, add gur/ sugar, mix well, micro high for 3 minutes
each time you remove, mash the papaya pieces with the back of a tablespoon or veg masher
remove mix well, if it is thick fine, or micro for another 2-3 minutes adding ghee nuts and raisins
remove, add essence and cardamom pdr., mix well, serve garnish with nuts and raisins.

PS- you can make in the same way over the gas too, since I had to do other work, I didn't want to keep stirring it, if I had made it in gas stove.

Sorry, didn't take photo, as I was extremely busy, as I made" fried modak" ( poricha kolakattai) for Ganesh Chathurthi tomorrow, as tomorrow, in our gated community, we celebrate in a big way for 4 days, 3 days before the main festival, so in the morning also busy with the pooja ceremony. Then evening, went to help for tomorrow's function. I'm in-charge of overseeing the modak making work, allocating work to different people and of course making it also. As only few people are good at making it. So, distributed to my friends when I went to decorate the idol for tomorrow's poojai.

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to all, may Ganesha bring good luck , happiness and good health to all.

those interested in cancer & health related topics are free to see my blog- 
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/

for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://gscrochet designs.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stick club.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment