Monday, September 18, 2017

QUICK BESAN HALWA / PUDDING IN MICRWAVE

INGREDIENTS

besan  5 tbsp
suji/ semolina 1 tbsp
ghee  1 + tbsp
sugar 6-7 tbsp ( I added brown sugar, you may add sugar substitute or even normal sugar)
milk  180 ml approximately
cardamom pdr. 1/2 tsp
nuts and raisins as desired.

METHOD
in a big micro-safe dish, add besan, suji and ghee, mix well

keep micro high for a minute, remove and stir
keep for another 1 minute, remove and stir
then again keep for another minute, by now I'ld see the besan mixture rising well each time and after the last 1 minute, got the nutty aroma
So, I kept in high power for another 30 seconds.
stirred well, adding about 90 ml of milk slowly, mixing well
kept micro high for a minute, found that all the milk was absorbed and it was thick
so slowly added rest of the milk, mixed well, kept in high power for a minute
I added sugar, mixed well, kept in high power for 3 minutes, but after every first 2 minutes, removed and stirred well, then after every 30 seconds, as I was worried if it will boil over
once you're happy with the thickness of the halwa, remove, add nuts and cardamom pdr. mix well, serve hot or cold.

NOTES-
as I'm lazy to do the cooking over the gas, I prefer to do in microwave, for one, it gets done fast and for 2, it saves me the trouble of stirring over gas, as my torn shoulder ligament hurts, if I've to stretch myself. Also the continuous stirring over gas, would have hurt my shoulder more.
This halwa can be cooked over gas, but make sure that you fry the besan well till a nice aroma comes and it changes colour. Rest of the procedure will be the same.
As for milk, it can be omitted, OR, you may add less milk also.
As for sugar, I preferred to use brown sugar, you may use normal white sugar or sugar substitute too.
Remember to use a big micro-safe dish, OR, you've to watch as it can overflow too ! so, be very careful, when you do this.


those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com
For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment