Saturday, September 23, 2017

CARROT-DATES-PANEER BARFI ( very healthy)

 Oats pdr. 1 cup
 carrot finely grate or mince in mixie 1 cup, cooked with 1/2 tsp ghee to remove the moisture
 cooked and spread on a greased plate
ready to eat after cutting into pieces

INGREDIENTS
oats powdered 1 cup
carrot minced in mixie fine or finely grate 1 cup
cocoa pdr. 1 1/2 tbsp
brown sugar 5 tbsp, more if you want it sweeter, as mine is mildly sweet only
paneer / cottage cheese  150 gm
dates 12 de-seeded and soaked in warm water
ghee  3 tsp  +to grease plate
vanilla essence 1 tsp
 milk 2 tbsp 

METHOD
in a heavy pan add 1/2 tsp ghee, once it melts, add the grated carrot, keep frying till the moisture goes, I kept the gas on sim, kept stirring in between, while I powdered oats, and ground dates and paneer
remove the carrot once it is dry
in the same pan, add the ground paste, 1 tsp ghee and I added milk to the mixer to remove all the date and paneer mixture that was sticking all around it
kept cooking it on low flame, stirring often, once it got thick, I added cocoa pdr. and brown sugar, stir well, let the sugar gets observed well, then add carrot and oats mix well, adding the remaining ghee, keep cooking till it forms a mass
quickly spread on a greased plate, spread well, if you desire, you may add some chopped nuts on top and press it down before the barfi sets
 keep it to set for about an hour, then cut into desired shapes and serve.
I made it this morning to give to our friends here, especially men, as women are called to various homes and given some gifts and sweets, while men feel left out. This was made specially for those men, who are staying alone, as I call them my brothers.

NOTES-This is a very healthy recipe, not too sweet, full of fibre from oats, dates and carrot, protein from paneer, healthy sugar, as I've used brown sugar, if you don't have, you may use normal white sugar. Unlike other barfis, ghee used here is very minimum, so the over-all calories will be less, even if you eat 2-3 pieces !


those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me
http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com
For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-
http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment