Saturday, November 14, 2015

Nendripalam( a type of banana) pudding

those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-
http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me

http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-

http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com


 Ingredients

bananas 3 ripe chopped
ragi flour 2 tbsp
oats plus ( this has other millets etc) 2 tbsp or even plain oats is fine
 I used coconut palm sugar, you can use sugar free to taste or plain sugar/jaggery about 2 tbsp
ghee/ clarified butter  1 tsp

Method
in microwave, I roasted ragi flour for 2 minutes
then I added oats, roasted for another 2 minutes
then added the chopped bananas, coconut sugar and kept for some time, as sugar melted, so I could mash the banana well with a spoon
then I microwaved for 2 minutes, stirred well, another 2 minutes on high power, when it all came together in a mass, I added the ghee and kept for another minute.

It is healthy, as ragi is rich in iron and calcium, oats as fibre, millets are rich in minerals, since coconut palm sugar is used instead of sugar for diabetics, it is healthy, bananas are rich in potassium, fibre and minerals and very little fat. You can also cook it over gas, but I did in microwave, as I was busy cooking something else over gas, then wanted to make tomato-onion chutney to refrigerate, to use for roti, bread or upma etc. Then of course, I was in a hurry to finish a bear I started yesterday, which you can see in my crochet blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment