Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quick Pumpkin dessert

This is a real quick pumpkin dessert, made in microwave, no ghee/butter.
I took roughly 2 cups of cut pumpkin, sprinkled water & kept in a microwave safe dish for about 6 min., stirring once in between. Once it was cooked, I added about 3 tbsp of milk pdr, microwaved for another 2 min, then added 2 tbsp of splenda mixed well & kept for another minute. Those who aren't diabetic can make it with normal sugar or even with jaggery/gur as jaggery/gur as iron in it, so it is healthier.I added about 1 tbsp of powdered cashew nuts last along with splenda.
This was our dessert today.

Pumpkin is rich in Vit. A & is good for health.
You can garnish it with roasted nuts & raisins, which I've not done, as these are rich in potassium which is banned for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment