Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Plum & apple spread


If plums are sour, don't worry, you can make plum & apple spread or with plum alone. I took about 250 gms of plums approximately & 1 big apple, both cut into small pieces with the skin, as they say, the nutrients are all just below the skin. Put the pieces in a microwavable dish, put wee bit water & micro high for about 3 minutes. Mix well, add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp chili pdr. & I added jaggery/ gur as it has iron in it healthier than sugar. As the plum was sour, I needed almost 1 cup of gur. In case the plum is sweet, you may need less sugar, mix well, micro high for another 4 minutes or so. it will all become mixed well, like you see in the top picture. Even if it is a bit watery, doesn't matter, leave it in the microwave, it will thicken after some time. This goes well with bread, chappatis, I even had it with upma. Or those with sweet tooth like me, can eat it plain also.

No comments:

Post a Comment