Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Mak-avil halwa



I  wanted to make something different to take for my sister's family. I wanted to test if they can find the ingredients in it. If it was my eldest brother by rolling his tongue, he'ld  guess the ingredients. I don't have a sharp tongue like him or my son-in-law. When I gave to my friends here, they're trying too guess if it was milk halwa, yes as it had lots of milk in it.

INGREDIENTS

milk almost 2 litres

makhana / lotus stem/ fox nut  1 cup

avil/ flattened rice 1/2 cup

pottukadalai/ roasted dal 1/2-3/4 cup

ghee/ clarified butter 5-6 tbsp

sugar  6-7 tbsp as per taste

METHOD

in a heavy pan, I roasted makhana for about 2 minutes stirring continuously on medium flame till I felt it was roasted, I removed it to a plate

in the same pan, I roasted avil for about 2 minutes, put in the same plate with makhana

I wiped the pan well, added about 300 ml milk, kept it on low flame, kept stirring every few minutes, once it was thickened, I added more milk ( another 300+ ml), kept stirring time to time.

added another 300 ml approximately, kept it to boil, then added another 300 ml or more, kept stirring.

I finely powdered makhana, avil and pottukadalai .

In about 300 ml milk, I gradually added the powder, mixed it well, added the rest and mixed well.

Added this mixture to the boiling milk, long with sugar and kept stirring more often or it may form lumps. I kept the gas at minimum heat, so it won't get stuck down.

once it became a little thick, added a tbsp of ghee, kept stirring till the ghee got fully incorporated.

stirred more often now, doing other work nearby, once it got thicker, added some more ghee, mixed well.

kept stirring, as it thickened added little more ghee, stirred well.

greased a big plate with little ghee, as the mixture thickened, leaving the sides, added more ghee, mixed well, switched off the gas, kept stirring well for another 30 seconds

then spread it evenly on the plate, leveled it well, kept it to set for about an hour or more, as I got busy doing my work.

Cut into desired shape and serve, you may decorate the top with some roasted nuts, which though I wanted to do, was extremely busy with 2 other important work, which made me tired too. Sadly at the end of the day while distributing in the dining hall to my friends, I fell down, luckily not on the floor, kept my hands down for support, so managed to get up.

Now after an hour, can feel the pain in my left foot, knee, left lower back and my hands ! I'm still wondering what made me fall down, was it sudden giddiness or buckling of my knee and ankle?

 

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  

https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

https://GSiyers home remedies.blogspot.com     is the latest addition to my blogs.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment