Thursday, March 18, 2021

Sweet potato-dal cutlet



 INGREDIENTS

Sweet potato peeled and chopped 1 bowl

potato 1 big peeled and chopped

moong dal  1 small cup

green chilies 2 finely chopped

ginger-garlic paste 2 tsp OR

only ginger paste or finely chopped

salt to taste

rice flour 2-3 tbsp / breadcrumbs

oil for shallow frying

METHOD

as I peeled the sweet potato, I put it in water, so that it doesn't get dark

peeled and chopped water, wash well

wash well dal

I put all the washed ingredients in a pressure pan with little water, along with green chilies chopped and ginger-garlic paste with little turmeric pdr for 3-4 whistles

once the pressure was released from the pan, I mashed it all well with a vegetable masher adding salt to taste, you must do it when it is still warm as it is easy to mash well.

As, I had put minimum water, it was a thick paste that I got. As, I'ld not do it, the same day, I kept it in the fridge, then next day, mixed well adding about 2 tbsp of rice flour, add more if your paste is too sticky or you add some breadcrumbs.

Shape into cutlets and shallow fry using minimum oil till brown on both sides on medium flame.

We ate it plain, or you can serve with chutney or ketchup.

https://gscrochetdesigns.blogspot.com. one can see my crochet creations  

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and health tips  
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment